Apple Cake

So, on a regular basis a bunch of my co-workers friends get together and have dinner. I always make dessert (unless I'm hosting). Tonight was no exception. I had left-over apples from when I last made my fabulous apple crisp so I decided to make another apple dish. Today it was Better Homes and Gardens Apple Cake.

I tried to find this recipe on the BHG site, but I couldn't find it! So, here I am, sharing this lovely on my blog! Unfortunately, the cake didn't come out of the pan very well, so, my cake is very ugly.
I think mine would have turned out better if I had a nicer, newer, prettier Bundt pan. Unfortunately, mine is worse, older, and uglier than theirs. Alas, I digress, here's the recipe:
Apple Cake

Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 50-60 minutes
Oven: 350 deg. F.
Cool: 2-3 hours
Makes: 12 servings

2                        beaten eggs                                
3           c           flour                                          
2           t            finely shredded lemon peel      
1           t            baking powder                           
1           t            baking soda                              
1           t            cinnamon                                   
1/4        t            allspice
1/4        t            salt
1           c           white sugar
1           c           packed brown sugar
1           c           oil
1           T           vanilla
3           c            chopped, peeled apples
1           c           chopped pecans, toasted
  • Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and lightly flour a 10 inch tube pan (Bundt pan); set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt; set aside.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined (the mix will be very thick). Fold in apples and pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
  • Bake in a 350 deg. F oven about 2 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cook cake on rack for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan. Cool thoroughly on wire rack. Sprinkle with sifted powder sugar. Cover; store in fridge.

Comments