Betty Crocker's Apple Crisp

Ok, folks. I'm not even going to pretend like this is my recipe. I stole it from the fabulous Betty Crocker. She is fabulous, do not laugh! Just look at this deliciousness:
...and you thought I was joking! lol. My grandmother always made this for dessert when she made us Chicken-n-Rice. Seriously, guys, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! There's only 1 tip: you GOTTA serve it WARM!!!! So here it is for your enjoyment:

Apple Crisp
 

4     medium     tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
3/4       c            packed brown sugar
1/2       c            flour
1/2       c            old-fashioned oats
1/3       c            butter, softened
3/4       t             cinnamon
3/4       t             nutmeg 
 
  • Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan.
  • Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
  • Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with ice cream.
 

Comments