Bacon Egg Cups

Alright, I decided to make bacon egg cups for breakfast this morning. I looked at a bunch of different recipes. Unfortunately, most of them called for just cracking an egg in the middle. I like eggs, but I have to have my eggs combined. I do not want to see the separated yolk from the rest of the egg.
Egg Image Source. Photo shop by Me.
 The eggs must be either scrambled or in omelet form for me to enjoy them.
Image Source.
Alright, here is my recipe that I was using. I decided to halve the recipe because 6 is way more than enough cups to feed Mr.Potatoes and myself quite comfortably. It's from the blog Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body. Here is what they are supposed to look like. I have no idea how mine will turn out (because they are not done yet).

.Image Source

Images from here to the end are all personal unless otherwise noted
 
First, you'll want to mix up your eggs, salt, pepper, and cheese

Then, grease your muffin tin and wrap your bacon in each cup. If you're not filling all 12 cups, make sure to space out the ones you use and add 1/4" water in the bottom of the empty cups. Then pour egg mix in bacon cups.


Put pan in oven with a baking sheet under it (to keep bacon grease from from spilling in the oven). When done, cut out with knife, remove to paper towels, and serve.





 



So that's it. Pretty simple. For the work that it was to make it, we'd rather have the bacon and eggs separate. I made hash browns too. I think those were better than the bacon egg cups. We gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

The original recipe calls for:

Makes 12 servings.

12 slices bacon
8 eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp black pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whip the eggs, salt, pepper and cheese with a fork. Spray non stick spray in 12 muffin tins. Wrap each piece of bacon inside the sides of each muffin cup.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the egg cups are golden brown and don’t jiggle. Use a knife to scoop them out of the tins. Serve immediately.

Par-baking the bacon may not be a bad idea. It would make the bacon a bit more crispy. But make sure not to over cook the bacon. It still needs to be flexible to put in the cups.

Fill each bacon lined muffin cup 3/4 of the way with the egg mixture.


Comments