Thanksgiving 2013!


I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I know this is 3 weeks late, but I have off this morning, so I decided to share part of my Thanksgiving meal with you!


Here's me in my birthday best. Thanksgiving day was my birthday this year!
Here's mama potatoes. She offered to do my Thanksgiving dishes as part of my birthday gift! Can you tell we're related? LOL! I take after her, just a little bit :).

First thing in the morning, you want to start your squash according to Add a Pinch.  

Start by wrapping you butternut squash in tin foil. Then place it in your slow-cooker for 4 hours on High or 6 hours on Low. 

When it's done, take it out of foil, slice in 1/2 length-wise and scoop out the seeds and other gross-ness. Then carefully scoop out the meat of the squash. Add butter and brown sugar and serve!

Now we're making the Joy of Cooking Baked Chicken with Onions, Garlic, and Rosemary 

First start by slicing your onions and tossing them with EVOO, garlic, and rosemary.

Spread 1/2 of the onion mix in the bottom of a baking dish, just big enough to hold the chicken. Place chicken on top. Then layer the rest of the onion mix on top of that!






In the meantime start your Brown Butter Red Potatoes
Take you potatoes and wash and quarter them. Place them in a dutch oven.
Alright. So I totally forgot about my potatoes and they over cooked. So, I ended up making mine dirty mashed potatoes (basically mashed potatoes with skins left on).

Once tender, drain; return to pot. Add butter and milk and mash until there are NO lumps.

Anyway, back to the chicken

Bake until clear juice exude from dark meat pieces. 
Place on serving platter and serve!

Baked Chicken with Onions, Garlic, and Rosemary

Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse and pat dry:
3-1/3 to 4-1/2 pounds chicken parts

Season liberally with:
Salt and ground black pepper to taste


Toss together:
3 medium onions, cut into rings
6 to 12 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary,
   or 2 teaspoons dried, crumbled


Spread half of the onion mixture in a shallow baking dish or roasting pan just large enough to hold the chicken pieces in a single layer. Arrange the chicken pieces skin side up on top, then cover with the remaining onion mixture.

Drizzle over the chicken:
2 tablespoons olive oil


Bake the chicken until the dark meat pieces exude clear juices when pricked deeply with a fork, 45 to 55 minutes.

Then you need to set your table, pour the wine, light the candles, say a prayer, make a toast, and enjoy dinner with your nearest and dearest.
Don't forget Pumpkin Cheesecake for dessert!!

Comments